- Step One: Select the Perfect Location. Choose a level surface away from heaters and fireplaces. (Heaters will dry out the tree and turn the tree brown and crispy). Place a garbage bag under the tray in the event the tray overflows. Make sure the tray is placed securely below the pot of the tree.
- Step Deux: Water or Ice Your Tree! (We don’t water the trees the day of delivery, so your tree is thirsty when it arrives) Pour water extra slowly into the pot until you can begin to see it come out through the holes on the bottom. We recommend a watering can with a long, narrow spout. Even better is place a bucket of ICE around the trunk of the tree. The ice melts slowly and helps keep the tree cool in temperature controlled homes!
- Step Three: Decorate Your Tree. Feel free to name, sing to, and decorate your tree as you see fit. Please no flocking or tinsel. We enjoy receiving photos and hearing the stories that accompany each and every tree. On the trees with less rigid branches, we found that twist-ties work great as an alternative to hooks.
- Step Four: Maintain Your Tree. You should Water or Ice as in Step Deux every couple days to ensure the tree’s health, but use common sense and do not allow water to stand in the tray for any more than a couple days. Be careful not to overflow the tray. Also please do not remove branches or fertilize the tree.
- Step Five: Prepare to Say Good-Bye. Please remove all of your ornaments (it is almost impossible to get them back to you) and lights. Place the tree as close to the door as possible. If you move your tree outside prior to pick-up time, please leave your tree in an accessible area. Don’t forget to keep watering/icing your tree until pick-up. Then ‘wave good-bye… don’t you cry, she’ll be back again someday!’
If you are unable to be present on your selected delivery or drop-off date, and cannot leave it outside, please make arrangements at least 48 hours ahead of time in order to avoid additional delivery charges. Refer to your terms of agreement for more details.